Dreamcave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website HomeHomeGalleryChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shiny Hunting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiny-Ho-Oh
Lv. 2 Pokemon
Shiny-Ho-Oh

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Yes of course I would make a topic like this huh?
Well, anywho, I wanna know if anyone's caught a shiny before, encountered one, or even trying(and maybe even succesfully) chaining before. If you have any interesting stories, you can share them here too.

I would also like to "advertise" my little umm...job I guess lol. I will take anyone's request of a shiny they'd like (as long as it's in the grass, and resonable enough) and I will go out to find one. They are LEGIT, I do find them through hard work, with hours of chaining. That being said, legends, starters and pokemon via eggs I will not try to get for you. (I can do them, but they take much longer than chaining)
I won't tell you all I have, mainly because I never remember off the top of my head, but here are a few shinies I do have: Aron(2), Tauros(2), Dusclops(2), Abra, Roselia, Luxray, Nidoqueen, Marowak, Electrivire, Pelliper, Wurmple, Beautifly, and Swinub(which I found in FR)
If I'm not allowed to "advertise" my "job" then take it down, it's just somethin that keeps me busy tongue

PS: If you don't know what chaining is, it's kind of hard to explain, basically using the Pokeradar you find and battle certain pokemon in the grass. Take for example a Shinx, you find one Shinx, battle or capture it, then find another Shinx and continue the chain. Sadly it is easier said than done and the chain can break, it can take from a few minutes(with a lot of luck) to hours or even days to find a shiny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ho-ohrealm.net
Newberrytiger
Administrator
Administrator
Newberrytiger

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Shiny-Ho-Oh wrote:

If I'm not allowed to "advertise" my "job" then take it down
^ Actually, that's a great idea for a category! I think I might put that in the forum ^_^

One time on my Sapphire version, I randomly ran into a shiny zigzagoon. It was pretty epic, since I've never caught one before. But, I still have that little guy.

When I was little I do remember seeing a shiny on my old Silver a time or two, but being about 6 years old I didn't realize how special they were and didn't pay any attention to it. Looking back, it makes me kind of sad :/ but I didn't know any better.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamcave.forumotion.net
Shiny-Ho-Oh
Lv. 2 Pokemon
Shiny-Ho-Oh

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Like the shiny Gyarados and such? I remember defeating it and never thinking twice about it, until a few years ago XD it was the same with my Swinub, when I saw it and it sparkled and was a different color, I just caught it because I could show it to my friends and such. I never got the importance of it, and eventually forgot that I even had it. After a few years when I knew what shinies were, I was surprised I had one!
And glad I could help lol, even if not intentionally XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.ho-ohrealm.net
Newberrytiger
Administrator
Administrator
Newberrytiger

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Yes I know! I wish I had known what it was so I would've caught it. I saw something else that was shiny in Silver, but forgot what it was.

And thanks ^_^ lol
Back to top Go down
https://dreamcave.forumotion.net
Kyro
Lv. 2 Pokemon
Kyro

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 pm

I have a lot experience from chaining...actually I am always doing it on Diamond. I don't exactly know why, but it only takes me a few minutes to find a Shiny. I have been fortunate enough, some of my events that I attended and in game caught legends were Shiny. My friend also traded me some of them and he did not know what a shiny was, so i got some free without any work.
The ones i have from Chaining are a Snover, a Tyrogue, and an Eevee (which is now a Umbreon) and a Gible (which is now a Garchomp), a Shiny Cranidos (think i spelled that wrong) a Shiny Metagross, i migrated from Emerald, a Sheildon (which is a Bastiodon now), and a Spiritomb.

From the events and other-wise, i have Darkrai, Shaymin (Land-form), caught a Shiny Dialga the second time it came back in the game, got traded a Shiny Palkia from my Pearl before i sold it. and Arceus (traded from Platnium)
I don't exactly know what PKRS (pokerus) means, but Arceus, Spiritomb, Shaymin, Palkia, and Garchomp have it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel
Lv. 2 Pokemon
Tiel

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Kyro wrote:
I don't exactly know what PKRS (pokerus) means, but Arceus, Spiritomb, Shaymin, Palkia, and Garchomp have it.

derp I'm probably not going to contribute to this conversation but

"If you have the Pokérus on a Pokémon, you have probably noticed that it will spread to the other Pokémon in your party and when you level one of those Pokémon up by battling, their stats will increase higher than usual. The reason for this is because the Pokérus doubles the Effort Points you’ve obtained. In other words, it’s just like the Macho Brace you get north of Mauville except without the speed boost and it doesn’t take up an item slot. It’s quite helpful indeed. It’s important to note that the Pokémon with the Pokérus will lose the Pokérus eventually, and a small dot will appear in your Pokémon’s status screens. If you want to keep the Pokérus forever, make sure you put an infected Pokémon in your box."

taken from serebii because I suck
Back to top Go down
http://runningdownwind.com
Sponsored content

Shiny Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Hunting   Shiny Hunting Empty

Back to top Go down

Shiny Hunting
Page 1 of 1